Want to spice up your Thanksgiving party?
Thanksgiving starts with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and ends with passing out from a food coma in the recliner during the football game.
If you're boycotting the NFL or just looking to spice up your party, here are five games that'll make your Thanksgiving more than just a turkey dinner.
1. Candy Corn Guess - Fill a jar with a candy of your choice. M&Ms, Skittles or Hershey Kisses are tasty alternatives to Candy Corn. The closest guess to the number of candies in the jar wins the jar full of candy.
2. Hot Pumpkin - It's played exactly like Hot Potato, but with a pumpkin! Players gather in a circle and toss the pumpkin around the circle while music plays. If you're holding the pumpkin when the music stops, you're out. The last player standing wins.
3. Board Games - Board games such as Catch Phrase, Taboo, and Mad Gab are family favorites for any gathering or holiday.
4. Thanksgiving Trivia - Come up with a list of questions to see which of your guests know the most about the history of Thanksgiving. The person with the most correct answers wins.
5. Turkey Coloring Contest - Kids aren't the only ones who like to color, the adults can be competitive in this contest too! This game is perfect for the Thanksgiving dinner wait. Crayons, markers, glue, and feathers will allow your guests to be extra creative. Color to pass the time until dinner's ready. Vote on the best looking turkey after dinner. The turkey with the most votes wins.
Don't forget to have prizes. Prizes give your guests incentive to participate!